Cold Sore Treatment
Cold sores are a common nuisance. Although there is no cure for the herpes simplex virus (HSV-1 and HSV-2) that causes them, cold sore breakouts can be managed and avoided. Cold sores, sometimes called fever blisters, appear around the lips and mouth and are often associated with red, swollen and irritated skin around the breakout areas.
Symptoms of Cold Sores:
- Pain around the mouth
- Fever and sore throat
- Swollen neck glands
Causes of Cold Sore Outbreaks:
- Chapped Lips
- Extreme sunlight exposure
- Physical exhaustion or illness
Even though no cure exists for the cold sore virus, The Dentist Place of Ocala can provide you with antiviral medication to control the outbreaks and relieve any pain or irritation you are experiencing. You can also avoid developing cold sores by avoiding sharing utensils and drinking cups with others that may be infected.
For advice and treatment of cold sores, call The Dentist Place of Ocala at 352-867-7797.
If you're experiencing chronic headaches and migraines because of involuntary nighttime teeth clenching, let The Dentist Place of Ocala help you with a night guard. A night guard is a thin, transparent device that is worn over the biting surface of your teeth while you sleep to prevent contact between the upper and lower teeth. Night guards have also proven to be an effective remedy for patients who are suffering from the effects of grinding and clenching their teeth while sleeping.Read more about Night Guards
Congratulations! Just by clicking on this page, you’ve made your first step toward overcoming your nicotine addiction. At The Dentist Place of Ocala, we're here to assist and support you. We'll discuss your goals, educate you on smoking cessation methods and present the treatment options available to help you quit smoking for good.
If you have experienced cosmetic problems associated with tobacco use, ask us about the treatment options available that counter the effects of tobacco use on your appearance, such as whitening agents, porcelain veneers, and crowns.
Make an appointment today by calling us at 352-867-7797 and make a positive impact on your oral and overall health!
Problems with your jaw and the muscles in your face that control it are known as temporomandibular disorders (TMD, sometimes referred to as TMJ). These disorders occur as a result of problems associated with the temporomandibular joint, which is the hinge joint on each side of your head in front of your ears that connects the lower jawbone to your skull.
Possible causes of the disorder are:
- Injury to the jaw, the joint or muscles of the head and neck, such as from a heavy blow or whiplash
- Grinding or clenching your teeth
- Dislocation of the ball and socket
- Arthritis in the TMJ
Common symptoms include:
- Pain or tenderness in your face, jaw joint area, neck and shoulders, and in or around the ear when you chew or speak
- Problems when you try to open your mouth wide
- Jaws that get "stuck" or "locked" in the open- or closed-mouth position
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in the jaw joint when you open or close your mouth or chew
- A tired feeling in your face
- Trouble chewing or a sudden uncomfortable bite, as if the upper and lower teeth are not fitting together properly
- Swelling on the side of your face
TMD can be painful. If you're experiencing any symptoms, call The Dentist Place of Ocala at 352-867-7797 right away.